The Presidential Committee on Northern Economic Cooperation wasestablished with an aim to reinforce cooperation mainly in the economic sector as well as other sectors (social, cultural, etc.) with the Northern Region, including Eurasia. It is a government agency under direct presidential control that is dedicated to northern economic cooperation and is in charge of supervising all related affairs and tasks on the domestic front and helping build close intergovernmental cooperation channels on the international front.
슬로건"한반도에서 북방까지, 길을 열면 시대가 열립니다"
The Presidential Committee on Northern Economic Cooperation was launched
- June 26, 2017
- The Committee was established to supervise northern economic cooperation under the direction of the President
- July 19, 2017
- The Top 100 Government Projects were announced
- August 25, 2017
- Rules and regulations for the foundation and operation of the Committee were established
- August 28, 2017
- Song Young-gil was appointed as Chairman of the Committee
- September 6, 2017
- President Moon Jae-in met with President Vladimir Putin and gave a keynote speech at the 3rd Eastern Economic Forum